Wednesday 10 October 2018

Riding Up to Mossy Forest with a 125cc Malaysian Bike – Cameron Highlands

The road to Mossy Forest. Roads were potty, lots of unwanted groves that’s just large enough to suck in a motorbike tires and force you off roads in weird angles, some curve were super steep, loads of debris, sand and stones and one heck of a gradient ... I nearly almost did not make it up. 
Road to Mossy Forest - Cameron Highlands 

I could feel Bluey crying by the ti
me I reached the peak. At the beginning it was not too bad then suddenly at a fork where no one was around I asked a passerby worker which way to the top and he pointed the direction for me, the smaller road and the steeper one. He was walking up that way too so I asked if he wanted a lift up. 

The joy in his eyes for a free ride uphill was priceless but the moment he climb onto Bluey, I could feel the protest from Bluey as if I had betrayed him by letting someone else mount on. Bluey would not move from that spot. Engine died, first gear barely move 2 inch before stopping. Heck this was one hell of a steep slope. Sorry I told the worker over and over again ... and the moment he got off I could now speed away feeling guilty that I put his hopes up and then kill it instantly. 

View of Tea Plantation on the Way up to Mossy Forest 

Me Resting Bluey Every Chance I get 


I was riding mostly on 1st gear now with the engine screaming just to get me moving up slowly. No faster than 10km/hr could I move and no way to kick up a gear either. Alas I manage to reach Mossy Forest at 2000m above sea level this was the highest point reachable by vehicle in Malaysia. Ok Bluey ... I guess you will suffice for this long road trip. Not the most powerful but reliable enough to get the job done. 

Mossy Forest Carpark - Cameron Highlands 

Mossy Forest - Cameron Highlands 
Mossy Forest was just another walk on gangplanks to see the Forest Reserved which is covered in lichen. Mossy Forest or Cloud Forest for it was almost always covered in clouds gives it a very moist nature for different types of Flora and Fauna to trive. 

Mossy Forest is situated between two States of Perak & Pahang of Malaysia 

Lichen filled forest .... moist and soft  

2000m above sea level - Mossy Forest Cameron Highlands 
I cant tell which was more interesting, the ride up or the Mossy Forest itself.

Ride back down I was more worried that I would loose control but alas it was easier to go down just by making sure I keep Bluey at a very slow pace instead of running wild downhill.


Traveled on : Sep 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment