Thursday 4 October 2018

Slaughtering the Chicken

As I was leaving the hostel at Taman Negara the owner helped me took a picture with Bluey but also strongly recommended her friends place in Taiping once she heard I would eventually end up in Taiping for a pit stop. 

The Forest Cabin was the friends place but way too expensive for me. I mention Sojourn Beds & Cafe but I could see the look of friendly competition between hostel owners there. Seams they knew each other. 


Departing Taman Negara Hostel 

The other scary part was that she kept mentioning about her friends live chicken roaming around "The Forest Cabin", which she says her friend can slaughter and cook it for me. She even called up her friend immediately in front of me and started talking in Cantonese about the chicken.

“I got a friend that is leaving my hostel now and I recommend him to your place maybe a few days later or weeks later ... his name is Edwin ... you must slaughter the chicken ya for him .... just slaughter the chicken ...”

All the above was in Cantonese ... which sounded like a coded message to ask her friend to give me the slaughtering price .... ahem ahem ... I think I’ll avoid this place or maybe check it out ... I haven't really decided
 but will keep a very fresh mental note to run away if I ever feel I was the one to be slaughtered instead of the chicken :) 

Travel on : Aug 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment