Wednesday 12 December 2018

Riding Log – Daytrip on Trang Big Loop

Daytrip to discover Trang. Subconsciously my exploration plan has been opening google maps and plotting a circle base on the lines of road that was available. Once the imaginary big circle was done I would zoom in as much as I can and see the popular star marked on google maps for view point or point of interest and start the journey from there. 

Trang Daytrip Big Loop 

Trang Hostel gave me the key head start by recommending Kantang, around 13 km from the city center and the last train stop for the Andaman Sea. After breakfast it was refueling time and rounding the whole city of Trang and only then could I find one petrol station that sells the normal 95 Benzine petrol without any mix of ethanol in it. 

En Route to Kantang 
Kantang

Off to Kantang after refueling and taking much care to listen for weird noises in the case if the petrol was wrong or if my trip will be cut short prematurely due to rejection. Whole day nearly 100km of day trip big loop of Trang province and bluey was ok.

Kantang, was a small town but there was a few things to do here. For the local Thai people there would be more to see and do but since I cant really read nor understand the history of Thailand properly, I only see two things in Kantang. 

Golden Sealion at Kantang
First was the oldest rubber tree in Thailand. Looked way to small but then again rubber planting knowledge was learned from Malaysia and I have seen the oldest rubber tree in Malaysia which is in Kuala Kangsar. Still a good place to visit with landmarks to take a photo shot. 

Oldest Rubber Tree in Thailand 

Kantang Train Station. It is one of the few train station buildings in Thailand that still retains the original old style architecture hence the minor attraction for people to visit Kantang. It was an ok place with good relax vibe and lots of photo taking opportunity for the selfie enthu type but for me it was a 5 minute visit and off I go again. 

Kantang Train Station

Kantang Train Station
This day trip was a Riding day trip to visit many places within the day. Ride around Kantang just seeing mundane stuff and I stopped for lunch somewhere around the back alley of someone house turn business restaurant.

Khuan Khaeng Hot Springs

Next stop was the hot springs. At 51 degrees temperature it was really really hot. Everyone went downstream till it was cooler and still it was burning. I stayed there and soak up my heavily mosquito bitten and scabbed legs. 

Khuan Khaeng Hot Springs 
The sand flies and mosquito really gave me hell in Langkawi I guess and boiling myself in 35+ ish degree water seams like the best way to kill bacteria around the open wounds 

Still hot springs in the noon sun was kinda dum dum ... so off I went to see the beautiful beaches in Trang Province. If I had a camp, the first place to pitch for the night would have been Yao Beach. Lovely shades in tall trees with amazing views of the Andaman seas and a local eatery which sells food and lets the guest use toilet and shower for a small fee seams like the perfect camping ground.

I took a coca cola and relax chilling enjoying the breeze since it was 1pm and I had reach past the halfway journey of the daytrip planned. Timing was good ... so no real need to rush the trip. 

Yao Beach

Yao Beach

Onward to the next beach which was all along the Chao Mai National Park route. There was many beaches or rather I was riding along the beaches all the way but finally stopping at Pak Meng Beach furthest up front as there was establishment for eateries and chairs with umbrella to shade the sun. 

Pak Meng Beach
If one wanted to find luxury seclusion resorts at a cheap price, Trang will be the place to go. I wonder how long will this place will last before it gets trodden in good by the tourist. I could already see the local tourist driving around day tripping like me too so i guess its just a matter of time. 

After Pak Meng it was boring ride all the way back to Trang.

Traveled on : October 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment