Sunday 16 December 2018

Riding Log - Ko Lanta

From Trang, I headed to Ko Lanta which was an Island with the only way across via a ferry. Its always a thrill to take a ferry with Bluey across, just because its a ferry. The ride was mundane with no detours nor stops for sightseeing but many stops at random peoples home for shelter along the road as the weather was really bad with thunderstorms. 

I now see the clouds like a shaman and think I could predict when the rain will arrive and how long I needed to take shelter before moving on again. Random home owners normally gave me a bewildered look when I suddenly pop into their house for shelter, and once the initial Thai conversation goes to an awkward silence knowing i am not local, they offered shelter and a rest place in their home front porch till the rain pass. 

The ferry crossing to Ko Lanta was easier than i though. About 500m from the jetty there was a booth selling tickets. 5 bath for the Bluey and 20 bath for me. Rock right up to the barge without any time wasted and it was time to head to Ko Lanta. 


Ferry Tickets to Ko Lanta 

Price List for Ferry Ticket to Ko Lanta 

On Board the Ferry to Ko Lanta 

Once I was on board the barge, I could now confidently book a place to stay for the two nights in Ko Lanta. So I choose Local Lanta Bungalow ... Bamboo seem to be the theme in Ko Lanta and hostel the expensive choice. The bamboo Bungalow was a privet room for two people nicely done with a toilet attached, clean and cooling with just a fan. It was only 280 bath for two nights. Hostel would cost me around 350 and that's for one person.

If i had a friend the hut would still be 280 for two person for two nights. The downside of traveling alone is that accommodation are slightly expensive for one sometimes as there is no one to share the cost with. 


Bamboo Hut at Ko Lanta 

Ko Lanta Yai was the main Island and I took Bluey for a spin around the Island. Most people here rent a bike anyway and go for a spin. Viewpoints and many nooks and stops along the way was a perfect place to explore with a bike. While i don't really swim that much in the ocean, the Island is one of the most beautiful places to chill.

Pictures tells a thousand words they say ... and Ko Lanta is just as such 















Traveled on : October 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment