Friday 11 January 2019

Being Lazy in Kanchanaburi

I spend 3 nights in Kanchanaburi resting up from the injury at Chunphon. Seams that the more I rest the worst it becomes. 

The lack of movement seamed to make any sudden movement now more intensified with pain. I wonder if I was really healing but at the back of my mind I expected it to be worst and at the same time worried that the intensifying pain will not subside and continue to get worst.

The incident in Chunphon set back a bit on the travel experience as a whole in a way. I reached Kanchanaburi with only one intention .... rest and do nothing. Hostel life is never the way we predict it to be. Where if I were to get a private room in a guesthouse or hotel, there will be no distraction but hostel always have people and when you wish to be alone, the most interesting group will appear and when you wish to have good company the wrong group will also appear.

I stayed at Asleep Hostel in Kanchanaburi and the first night once I checked in, I saw a few Asian sitting at the table. Ignore them and check in my thoughts was ... priority first and frankly I wouldn't mind not mingling with them. But once i got my bunk bed, a lively chirpy 19 year old Japanese boy greeted me and would not stop talking. (I cant remember his name ... and shall call him Nagano ... where he is from)

Where are you going?, Nagano asked.

Food ... number two priority after checking in.

He followed and at downstairs joined up with Harris from Shanghai and Pei Heng from Taiwan. A little bit later we were also joined by a girl from somewhere china.

Pei Heng was a genuine traveler ... I could tell from the few hidden sarcastic question I asked the group and with their genuine enthusiastic reply, only Pei Heng had the hidden sarcastic reply back to me. She been around alright with 14 month in south america and to many places around the world.

She even sneakingly somehow made me agreed to bring her on the bike to go sightseeing the next day. I can't outright say no to small little helps, but even with all my uncertainty of safety with the bike, falling down, injury and no helmet for her ... she still stayed true to abuse my kind soul.

A true traveler happy to get a free ride sightseeing Kanchanaburi the next day, she even sacrifice the two boys for they had no transport to join us but the two boys were resourceful to hitchhike to the first stop meeting us there.

The route was short ... about 20 km to see the monkey pod tree which was a huge ass tree and after that I forcefully detour with her no choice but to tag along to see two other temples. 

Monkey Pod Tree - Kanchanaburi 

Monkey Pod Tree - Kanchanaburi 

Pei Heng was not interested in temples ... but it was my ride and I guess partially because I refuse to be a pure motortaxi for her. Felt like pure taken advantage off if I were to succumb to her every request. So I drag her to see the temple which I pass the day before riding fast at the sunset to get to Kanchanaburi.

Wat Tham Suea was beautiful ... and while walking around the temple I could not help thinking that it was the first time I forcefully bring a girl to a temple .... what was the saying ... bring a girl in Thailand on a date to a temple and she is yours ? * chuckle * 


Wat Tham Suea - Kanchanaburi 


Wat Tham Suea - Kanchanaburi 


Anyway we part ways by lunch with me sending her to the bus stop. The next two days in Kanchanaburi was spent resting eating and sleeping.

Traveled on : November 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment