Monday 17 February 2020

When your ATM Cards Expire during Travels ....

One day while in the midst of travelling somewhere around Thailand with Bluey, I realized my trusty Debit / ATM card had expired. For a season long term traveler like me, this was just like any other day of getting lost. No problem I thought, I had a spare as I am always prepared. Checked my other ATM card and F*ck .... it was expiring in two months time. 

Me looking at the ATM's at Luang Prabang International Airport ....waiting for Dad 
Luckily this time around I was just travelling around South East Asia with Bluey and a quick watsapp message to Dad, sent him down to Singapore to check upon my P.O box praying there was a new Debit / ATM card in there to replace the expired one. Few days later he gave me a snapshot of the new ATM card. Now it was just a matter of how to get my hand on the ATM card while still travelling.

There are things that one do not think so much while travelling until the sh*ts happens. Since this time around it was within a few hours flight, I did not even considered postal mail or express mail of sort.

Dad !! ... are you free next month ???
Yes ...
Do you want a holiday ??
OK

By the end of the day after a few message with Dad, I booked him a flight to Luang Prabang Laos. A few weeks later, Dad would join me for a week long holiday while I cherish the simple things such as having a fully working ATM card while travelling abroad.

What would you have done if you were in my shoes ?


Traveled on: Jan 2019
#atmcard #overseaatmwithdrawal


No comments:

Post a Comment