Thursday 31 December 2020

The Remote Area of Isaan – Amnat Charoen & Yasothon

Its been a while since my last entry into this journal but i guess the sights and the travelling was really so mundane or more like time wasting burning that it was not much worth writing about. From Kong Chiam to Amnat Charoen to Yasothon to Phimai to Korat then an overnight stay in Surin before the heart pounding attempt in crossing in to Cambodia for the second time. 

(That crossing was a success ^^) 

From Kong Chiam I made my way up stopping by the Mekong river viewpoint of Samphanbok. Hard to describe in words and my camera cant really capture the essence of the place but it was just once of those weird landscape places that one do not expect to view. I seen the Mekong river from the Golden Triangle all the way in the north and have been tracing it down ever so slowly and the Mighty Mekong never fail to amaze me. 

Samphanbok - Thailand 

Samphanbok - Thailand

To be fair, there was not much to remember .... only when looking back at my photos that i realized for a countryside, the people do tend to spice up things for no reason. From hay sculpture to giant Naruto sized frogs, there were still things to observed while riding through the most un-touristic part of Thailand.

The hotels that I stayed all told me the same thing. No tourist stays here ... only businessman on a visit to do work. 

Wiman Phaya Tan - Yasothon - Thailand

Hay Sculpture - Thailand

Traveled on: Mar 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment