Sunday 9 January 2022

Last Stop Phuket

Its funny in a way that the last place for me to visit truly in Thailand before ending the motorcycle loop would be Phuket. I have never been to Phuket truly. I mean yea long time ago I was dragged to Phuket as a driver to deliver a car for my cuz but that trip was so short we barely seen anything of Phuket. Not a true exploration but like a minor tease and go type of stop.

This time I could really soak in the heart of Phuket, not like a tourist in some random Chinatown street in the world but as a more slower lingering passerby that could see beyond the momentary fun of a holiday destination but the cranks behind the wheel that turns and makes a holiday destination alive.

Old Downtown Phuket 

My Cuz in Phuket .... Ice Cream as the first stop before planning where to visit. 

My cute adorable cousin (half Thai / half Malaysian) that also always with a twinkle of mischiefs in her eye picked me up the next day from my hostel in downtown Phuket. Yep, I had a local guide in Phuket, but as much as Phuket was her home for years, I ended up exploring mostly with Bluey during the day as she worked.

A very old traditionally Hokkien Noodle Soup Shop in Downtown Phuket

Hokkien Noodle Soup - Thailand Style 

First stop was as usual food. One that intrigued me when I saw the signboard in English saying best Hokkien Noodle Soup in Phuket. I don't know if it was the best but it was good and totally different from the expectation of a Hokkien Noodle soup from Malaysia or Singapore. 





Ride Along the Scenic Loop of Phuket

Ride Along the Scenic Loop of Phuket 

Ride Along the Scenic Loop of Phuket

I spend most of the time riding around Phuket of course with Bluey. I was running low on the budget for spending and seeing the rental price of scooters to go around make my smile on how cheap it was to explore Phuket this way. 

All the major temples ... the highest point in Phuket for a view, round the coastal road going to the southern most tip of Phuket. The forest road cutting through from the famous Patong Beach to the unvisited west side of Phuket. 

I changed my view of Phuket after a few days exploring. I used to think that it would be a bad retirement getaway with so much tourist and entertainment but in reality, Phuket Island is so huge that most of the hype was only focused on Patong Beach. There was so much more to Phuket to offer as long as one had their own set of wheels 


Mini Tourist Attraction along the Scenic Loop Viewpoint. A Picture with an Eagle.

A View from the Temple on the Hills of Phuket 

The Main Road to Patong City - Phuket 
Traveled on: Apr 2019

2 comments:

  1. I find your blog intriguing. Gonna bookmark your blog to read from the start. Especially interested to hear of your exploration from Thailand to Cambodia and Laos. Read a bit about your denied entry into Laos. That was scary. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ... I'm a bit slow in writing haha ... but will try my best to catch up ...

      Delete