Tuesday 31 January 2023

Riding from Kuala Belait to Bandar Seri Bagawan

At the border, once the rain subside, I took a ride to the nearest town called Kuala Belait for lunch, and along the way passed my first and only toll in Brunei. Bluey cost BNR 1 but I only had SGD with me. Luckily too since if I was to wait till the city to change money, I would have been stuck at the toll with no way to get money other than to go back to Miri.

Only 126 km From the Miri Border to Bandar Seri Bagawan Brunei

The Only TOLL I encountered in Brunei

Kuala Belait was a small town I thought but apparently the district is the biggest in the whole of Brunei. They had a mini museum there which was free entry so a nice introductory of the migration and type of people living in brunei espescially around the Belait district. Not supprising, their history and people is very much similar to Sarawak history and people just with a line on a map that marks the divide.

After a good break from lunch at Kuala Belait, I rode the coast passing all these little “donkeys” as the Brunei people call them, oil retriver pumping up oil from the ground, the number one source of income for Brunei. Along the way near Seria, I made a pitstop at the Billionth Barrel Monument.

Hard Working "Donkeys" in Brunei 

Billion Barrel Monument 

The coast was prestine, with no habitants at all, but of couse along the way was the oil refinery which seams to be the main source of work in Brunei as well.

Prestine Beach in Brunei 

Brunei Oil Terminal 

Traveled on: Aug 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment