Sunday 5 March 2023

Bandar Seri Badgawan and Around

To be frank, I totally forgot to write about Brunei or rather Bandar Seri Badgawan. Weird as well since I spend quite a few days in the city exploring. If anyone tells me there is nothing to see or do in Brunei, I would definately say not true, it is worth a visit at least once for it is a country like no other, semi frozen in time and the culture itself while boring is worth observing.

Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, Brunei

Brunei is a slow country ... slow pace of life which is exzactly what I felt when I was there. Everything had their own time and in a way it was peaceful. However I could see very little young people as the life can be very boring as well. The capital Bandar Seri Badgawan (BSB for short) kept me around for a few days to explore.

Gadong Night Market - Brunei 

Downtown Bandar Seri Badgawan - Brunei

Riding Around Downtown Bandar Seri Badgawan - Brunei 

Most times I was visiting Mosque after mosque ... like Malaysia it is one of the few muslim countries where non-muslim can enter a place of worship as a tourist. Other times I was just riding around everywhere I could. Weird as well since I could not remember ever see another motorbike in Brunei.

I remembered spending half a day in the Royal Regalia Museum yet I had no photograph records. Probabaly had some sort of no Photography requirement in the Museum which usually means a good sign.

The other half of the time was spend exploring on foot the water village settlement called Kampung Ayer. Facinatingly modern and upkeep to have power, water and internet yets rusticly old in its history and trade. Just getting lost walking about is all one can do.

Kampung Ayer Cultural & Tourism Gallery

Signpost for the Water Village Places of Interest

Life on the Water - Kampung Ayer Brunei

Water Taxi - Life on the River Kampung Ayer - Brunei 

Al - Muhtadee  Billah Mosque - Kampung Ayer - Brunei 

The New with the Old 

Traveled on: Aug 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment