Thursday 29 January 2015

Shit Happens ….. The WORST Bus Ride in Peru - Cruz Del Sur

So people told me that the best bus ride you can get in Peru is with this company called Cruz Del Sur, and the internet don’t lie right, I mean with such good reviews and comments it’s got to be true !!!

Sometimes we forget that the internet is just like another person a mash of opinions wrap together which makes it almost right but not always as humans will be humans. So this is my lousy experience with the best bus company in Peru, Cruz Del Sur
The ride was from Arequipa to Nazca on an overnight journey and it cost me a nice 82 Sols for a semi-cama seat (Half-Bed). I arrived early at the bus station always paranoid not to miss a bus or train or plane due to bad traffic and went to the counter asking where to wait for the bus to depart. They had a VIP lounge for their bus customers, inviting me to check in my backpack ushered me into their nice lounge after scanning my body with a hand held metal detector.
I was glad my Swiss-army knife was safely packed deep inside the backpack.
Into the lounge, free wifi, drinks and nice sofa to pass the one hour waiting time that I had. Staff wore pristine uniforms and behave like a first class airplane stewardess, most of them spoke Basic English and treated everyone like royalty. Best service indeed. Time to board the bus and blankets, pillows were given with lovely seats and not long after the bus departed dinner was served. It was in a way much better than some budget airline and comparable to an economy class flight.
Journey was smooth and we reached Nazca in one piece.
Getting my backpack from the undercarriage I notice it was a little bashed up. Not thinking too much about I proceeded to find a hostel in Nazca. Once checked in I opened up my backpack noticing that it was a little bit more out of order than I thought. Most of my worthless stuff was there but it did not feel right so I took out everything.
My bag was rampage through and through and Cruz Del Sur stole the only two item of value in the backpack
1.       Swiss Army Knife
2.       A broken Made in Malaysia Hand phone


So while the experience is great I now hate that fucking company. First class service is useless if the people at the rear end is still a bastard. Worst is that because Cruz Del Sur gives their baggage handlers metal detectors, they will definitely find any electronics, knife or precious metal that you hide in your backpack. No matter how deep you stash it.
I guess I was fortunate that the only thing lost was the swiss army knife and a broken phone but I was so looking forward to exchanging the broken phone for a new one due to warranty.
Lucky thing they can’t scan the emergency money I expertly stash in there as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment