Wednesday 2 December 2015

Valencia My Love

Bus ride to Valencia at night was not that bad but tired as hell. South America bus really spoil me like crazy I guess and doing overnight bus everywhere else just does not get any sleep at all other than the pre-dawn sleep of 2 hours and then off the bus at 7 am.

Valencia was beautiful surprisingly. My first impression was that this is a good slacking place to be. Great Hostel at Euro 7.50 a night, good supermarket nearby, a good kitchen, lovely semi old streets, a nearby semi-nude beach, cheap paella lunch at 5 euro I was so tempted to slack away and stay here for a month but that would have taken away time from somewhere else.
Best thing to do in Valencia is of course is go biking around the city. A really flat city making it splendid to cycle around all the nooks and explore the maze like city yet large enough that exploring for a whole day or two is possible. I took the bike from the hostel and went around just zig zagging my way around till I finally decided to find lunch.

Lunch in Valencia
The cafĂ© was somewhere I did not even know where I was but when the waiter came out I was stunned. So pretty she was, Asian face, small size plain, not sexy or hot nor cute but simple with glasses and a pony tail with white shirt and mini shorts. Too bad she could not speak English only Spanish and I was sputtering to order. Ah my Valencia love …  
Valencia was not as popular a destination in Spain for some reason. Most tourist I meet just somehow skip by this town on a fast train to south Spain visiting the coast and the culture of the gypsies. Barcelona was close enough that most would rather skip Valencia to see Barcelona. I found Valencia full of charming character.
Downtown Valencia

They had a horny Merchant that somehow bribe the construction crew of the church to install a masturbating gargoyle on the top of the church …. Not one but two of em .. at both corners … a pair of male and female …. My camera was unfortunately not good enough to capture a good picture but it is the pride and joy of the free walking tour guide that they have something no other cities in the world had.

Valencia also has some of the most crazy modern architecture smack in what used to be a river bed. The city of art and science they call it which before I arrived thought it would be a boring modern art crap that I am so used to seeing everywhere in the world. Valencia got it right … the right balance I would say.
City of Art and Science - Valencia

How many nude beach do you know in Europe ??? Up north is to cold and that leaves Portugal and Spain. France is too uptight and the Baltics are crazy. Barcelona is too crowded and Valencia is just 3 hours away and quiet lovely long long long very long white sandy beach that has plenty of room to spare. I was sure I was not in the nudist beach section while cycling along the sidewalk but it was so damn spaced out that people went bare anyway.
Valencia Beach
Like I said … My Valencia Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment