Saturday 5 January 2019

Getting Back on the Bike and Continuing on

The day after any fall on Bluey is where I really contemplate how much danger I was in during the incident.

Do I change the plan and stop ridding ?

Do I stopped exploring secluded roads on maps and stick to the good roads which is full of vehicles ?

Do I stay for a week and heal before riding again ?

So many scenarios and questions ran through my head ...

I wonder how others who experience similar things, think about it when travelling with vehicles and have an incident or accident. Most time I know accidents means the end of the trip but I was not about to give up and my selfish and slightly afraid of being told to stop moving made me not go to a hospital or doctor and decided I will continue the journey first and see where it goes from there. 

Second day since the incident with Bluey going into the ditch at Chunphon. I woke up stiff, could not really move without feeling pain. The bruise was in full affect now so when I manage to get to the toilet and open up the shirt, the red scratches now had now blue black all around it. F*cking hurts now ... but still I had all motion movement in my body albeit moving slowly ...

I push myself too hard i guess but riding Bluey was surprisingly was ok ... anything else was painful but riding was tolerable since it was a fix sitting position with minimum movement. Just have to avoid those multiple potholes and high jerks.

One of the other main reason I decided to do a marathon going from Chunphon to Kanchanaburi in 3 days was because I now had company. 

Riding Buddies on the Road 
I met Daphny and Bestion back in the Hostel in Chunphon tending my wounds and I saw them rock up to the Hostel with a Malaysian registered motorbike and I could not help smiling. That night chat begin and they were rushing to get out of Thailand too since one month visa really make people burn the gas and run as fast as possible to see all they can. 

Its amazing what company can do to morale and give a piece of mind when all things goes wrong. I would travel three days with them, everyday waking up and hitting the road for 10 hours with a bruise left waist groaning at me to rest. 

With each day the journey continuing on I begin to relax and know that I will survive this and grow from each obstacle that come my way during the travels.
Traveled on : October 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment