Tuesday 6 August 2019

Nahkon Sawan The Begining of the Chao Phraya River

The route north was planned so many times in my mind looking at google maps and finally I decided Nahkon Sawan will be the stopover on the way up to Sukhothai. The place was a city and nothing much was written about on the internet, with little to go by other than it was the beginning of the Chao Phraya River which run through Bangkok.


Big BuddhaTemple at Nahkon Sawan - Sunset 
Golden Temple on top the Hill at Nahkon Sawan City
Nahkon Sawan surprised me really since this was a city that seams to have a vibrant local vibe. It was a big city with many little business shops in the center area and the nearby hilly mount had temples and very large Buddha on top that overlook the city. 

Going up the hill there was also an observation tower which gave a beautiful panoramic view of the city 360 degrees. 

Observation Tower View of Nahkon Sawan City 

Observation Tower View of Nahkon Sawan City 
Only downside to this place was there was no Hostels, no signs of a falang hang out place hence not an ideal place to make a nest for a few days. It was a city in Thailand that has a major highway cutting through the middle but somehow while everyone skips by this place, it looked charming for the one night I was there and I would have love to take it slow but the north was calling.

I had to rush for time was running out. That is always the problem when travelling, time is always running out. I have no time limit but just because I am in another country, the visa on my passport become my clock.

Traveled on : Dec 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment