Friday 26 May 2023

Kota Kinabalu – The end of the break ...

Last stop before home. Somewhere around Sabah near Sukau when I was somehow riding somewhere off trail for a daytrip I got a call from my last boss asking if I was available to come back to SG as he gotten a new job. With bad reception in the jungle I told him I’ll call back in a few days time. On thing led to another very fast but mostly it was me looking at my bank balance that told me it was time to make way home and go back to zombie mode.

The view of KK from Kokol Hills 

So here I am finishing the loop in Sabah back in Kota Kinabalu. To be frank, KK would be a totally hit and miss for me being just like another city which I would have never bother to really immerse myself into, since I was in the last leg, travel fatigue and also slightly in denial that the trip is coming to an end.

By fate, as I was posting Bluey photos in the Demak D7 facebook group while travelling, I got hit up by some guy in Sabah that was also riding a Demak D7. Quite rare for D7 to be around really so with that DM on the web it was quite hard not to meet up for a coffee.

A coffee and a long chat end up with a invitation to ride for the next day. I had never really ride in a group before, a tail or two while in Thailand with other random tourist that I met along the way sure, but not in a group like setting that one see on TV like bike gangs. They brought me from central KK waterfront to Kokol Hills. If I were to describe it, it would be like KL people bringing people up Genting Highlands only this was a little shorter and the view of KK going up was amazing.

The Guys bringing Bluey & me for a ride 

Pit Stop Mamak Stall at Kokol Hills 

The Gang

Seams to be a local only know how as well since I did not see much information about Kokol Hill so I guess its a Riding Spot. Ride with a fellow D7 ... the rest was of other cafe racer bikes but I guess we D7 are a rare sort.

The only other Demak D7 that I have met throughout the whole Journey. 

Traveled On: Sep 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment