Tuesday 12 December 2023

Crossing the Hong Kong – Zhuhai – Macau Bridge (HZMB)

I had long since decided to leave Hong Kong toward Zhuhai via the HZMB Bridge. It was the longest fixed sea bridge in the world at 55km and it was something I would love to experience riding my motorcycle across but alas with the restriction of a forigner, I guess I have to settle for doing it via shuttle bus.

Hong Kong - Zhuhai - Macau Bridge (HZMB)

From Tsim Sha Shui downtown, I took the MTR to Tung Chung Station. The cost of single journey ticket on the MTR between this two station was HKD 20.5. From Tung Chung station get out and I walked around looking for the bus station following the signs espescialy looking out for bus number B6.

The bus B6 was simple enaugh. At the bus stop, board the bus and it was only one stop to HMZB Port. Fare was HKD 9.1 but I threw in HKD 10 as I had no exzact change nor octopus card. At the HMZB Port, I cleared Hong Kong Immigration for exit.

Entry to Hong Kong HZMB Port

Exit HK Immigration and Onwards to Shuttle Bus Ticket Counter

After that there was a choice. Buy a shuttle bus ticket ( Gold Bus ) to Zhuhai or to Macau. As much as I was set to going to Zhuhai, I had a pause. Ah Macau .... the Vegas of Asia .... how I longed for a short micro detour. Bought the Zhuhai shuttle bus ticket for HKD 65 and quickly up the bus and zoom, we were on our way along the bridge which became a undersea tunnel and then up in the air as a bridge again.

The temptation to go Right Way .... 

24 Hours Shuttle Bus Ticket Price

Left to Zhuhai, Right to Macau

The bridge was truly a marvel. I have never been on any bridge like it. You know its a bridge and that its crossing something but with this bridge you can’t see the other side of the land. One could see only a bridge going out to sea in the horizon. 

Its quite a view for the driver while for the bus passanger like me, a minor glimpse but feels like a dream where the bridge could take you to another world. It was a long ride as well nearly 45 minutes and then it was Zhuhai Port disembarkation.

On the HZMB Road to Zhuhai/Macau

Toll Booth at Zhuhai/Macau side of HZMB

HZMB Shuttle Bus (Gold Bus)

Here I re-entered China and Immigration looked at me funny.

Do you have Flight Ticket out of China ?
No.

How do you plan to exit China ?
Bus to Vietnam via Nanning.

Do you have accomodation all the way to Nanning booked ?
No.

Where do you plan to visit in China ?
Somewhere along here and Nanning. 

I read that China now allow Visa Free Entry for Malaysian 15 days. “Emphasis on 15 days with a big smile"

The immigration officer smiled at me and emphasised that 15 days included today. Welcome to China again he smiled.

Traveled on : Dec 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment