Sunday 19 July 2020

Phra That Phanom Woramahawihan Temple and a Movie at Mukdahan

As I made my way down from Nakhon Phanom to Mukdahan on Valentine day (14 Feb 2019) I had to stop by at the most famous temple along the Mekong river on the Thailand side which was Wat Phra Trat Phanom Woramahawihan Temple which was beautiful and huge with lots of pilgrims. 

Phra That Phanom Pagoda 

I don't know if it was the timing or if it was always like this all year round but around the temple for the few streets adjacent to, it was fully block up with markets selling stuff of all kinds and it felt like a big city bazaar than anything else. 

The Bazaar around Phra That Panom. Me somehow manage to enter the pedestrian bazaar with Bluey 
All the Thai locals were there visiting by large number of tourist bus, caravans, convoys that it was a sight to see where the real Thailand is instead of the usual falang infested places. My cousin did told me not to miss this place while I was touring Isaan for it was the most scared monument and temple of the region. I manage to find the reason, the pagoda contained the chest relics of Buddha. 

Excerpt from Phra That Phanom Woramahawihan Temple Signboard

Onward to Mukdahan for Valentine day and I was alone in a very nice motel for 400 baht a night. I went to see the long anticipated valentine movie of Thailand called Friend-zone. I had been seeing the advert everywhere in Thailand for a while now so it was a major film hype of the month. 

Thai Comedy Movie  Friendzone 2019
I am starting to really enjoy Thai movies .... since they have subtitles in English. It's like a new movie world theme opened up, instead of the usual western blockbusters. Thai comedy especially is a totally tragic story^^ . 

Traveled on : Feb 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment