Tuesday 12 February 2019

Siam Reap One More Time

This is my second time visiting Siam Reap. First time was a few years ago with Mom & Dad but this time I was alone and with Bluey. I ended up buying a day pass just to go another round visiting Angkor Temples with Bluey. 

Bluey In Angkor Wat Grounds 

Seeing the temples a second time did make the magic fade a little since I knew what to expect now but riding around the temple grounds with Bluey and not being confined to a Tuk Tuk brings a whole different feel to the temple exploration. 

At Angkor Thom temple as I parked Bluey under a shaded tree and walked up to the ticket officer to get my ticket validated, the ticket man paused with a hard look squinting at Bluey and finally asked if I ride that all the way from Malaysia.

Yes I said proudly ... and the large grin on his face with a big thumbs up was priceless. 

Bluey Visiting Angkor Thom 
Round and round the grounds of Angkor Wat roads and I came across a police block checking the cars and tuk tuk that passes. I slowed down and nearing the police he waved me by only to be whistles a few yards in front to be pulled over.

Bluey motorbike plate was a mystery to the police and I was asked to dismount and after the initial stumble and establishing English as the medium of conversation, the officer asked for documents and licence.

It was a good thing I had all the required customs document and permission letter which I handed over to the officer observing his reaction from first going through the documents to inspecting Bluey with admiration. 

I got back all the documents with a good luck wish plus a advice to always carry the document wherever I went in Cambodia. 

Nice Police Officer carrying out check in Angkor Wat temple grounds 
Traveled on : Nov 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment