Tuesday 12 March 2019

Enjoying Kep and Eating Crab

After resting up in Phnom Penh I had to move on. The visa expiry was creeping closer and the longer I stayed the harder I would have to ride in the future just to make it out in time towards Thailand. So with my arm still feeling like an alien a limb attached to my body and refusing to listen to instruction, I painfully load up the Bluey, check out, and hope I would make the 150km journey to Kep smoothly. 

Bluey with Crab Statue at Kep - Cambodia 
The road to Kep was horrendous. ... I think I rode through 50km of loose gravel road sticking to 2nd year and skidding more times than I can count. I went really slow this time. I could not afford any sudden movement for the jarring pain in my left shoulder would definitely make me fall if it happens. Gravel road and speeding trucks cause the whole journey like riding in a quarry mine which hurts the eyes, throat and yet I could not relax for the road was so bad it took my full concentration 

Gravel Gravel Everywhere ..... 
150km ... thankfully I reach Kep ... and that's the end ... do nothing ... eat crab .... no day trips of exploring ...

Kep was a small little seaside town overshadowed by Kampot or the near beach city Sihanaukville. Somehow famous for crabs and pepper since they farm the crabs here and also grow the famous Kampot pepper nearby, it was a perfect delicious combination. 

The Signature Dish - Kampot Pepper Crab 

Restaurants at Kep

Magic Crab Restaurant Menu 

At USD 5 for a meal of crabs which was actually on a high side for dining in a restaurant it was a crab wonderland. The local market sold crabs for USD 5 per kilo and most locals who visit Kep takeaway buckets of crab back home to cook instead of dining in the restaurants.

The beach was quiet but not lonely and the perfect afternoon was lazing on a hammock hut set up all along the beach by the enterprising locals. Hammock was free so long as one ordered some food although food was slightly on the higher side of pricing but absolutely delicious. 

Quiet Beach in Kep - Cambodia 

Riding along the coastline in Kep 

Little Girl Lazing in the Hammock Huts in Kep 

Stir Fried Prawns with Kampot Pepper - Kep 

Traveled on : Nov 2018
#kep #cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment