Thursday 21 March 2019

Modifying Bluey in Kampot

Kampot was a good size town where I could get modifications done on Bluey to my desire. I finally replace the flimsy bracket with a big plate making the back cargo box now ready for any type of dirt rocky roads ahead. 

Although there was a good number of motorbike shops around Kampot, it was still quite a challenge to get the modification done to my requirement since communication is super difficult with the locals with language barriers.

Modifying Bluey's Cargo Box Bracket in Kampot

I had to act out everything that I needed to modify the bike going around the shops, picking out parts of scrap metals, pointing at the tools they have to cut, file, fit and finally weld in place a new support bracket. 

All this done and I did not even negotiate the price beforehand because it was impossible to get a quote for a work they have no idea what they were soppose to do. After all work was done, USD10 was the quoted price but it was worth it.


Bluey's New Strengthen Bracket 
Traveled on : Dec 2018
#bikerepairontheroad

No comments:

Post a Comment