Tuesday 15 October 2019

A Daytrip Detour into Doi Mae Salong

I took the detour going into Doi Mae Salong from Thaton to Chiang Sean. It was a nice ride and very scenic but at the same time at the back of my mind I was constantly worried if I would meet an obstacle challenge like those previously in Doi Angkang along the way. 

Road to Doi Mae Salong 
Doi Mae Salong while calming and peaceful did not capture me to stay the night. The lodgings were expensive, no hostel in sight and furthermore I had limited days now in Thailand. A day trip ride through would have to suffice but I was still glad I did the detour to have a look. 

The roads up were good tarmac, winding steeply and without pause and Bluey and I rode up and up in amazing time with my ears popping every few seconds while the view transformed into lush valleys and mountains backdrop. 

Doi Mae Salong

Tea House at Doi Mae Salong
Climate was cold, as cold as Doi Angkang or Doi Inthanon but while the other two national parks had barely any village to explore, Doi Mae Salong was a huge community (relatively speaking) with markets, rows of house built all along the main road and then more than some dotting the mountainside. 


Doi Mae Salong Town

Street Vendors - Doi Mae Salong 
In south east asia terms, Doi Mae Salong was like Cameron Highlands in Peninsular Malaysia, or Kudasang in Sabah, or Dalat in Vietnam. I would not compared it to the Mae Hong Son Loop for it had a different type of vibe. While Mae Hong Son loop had a feel of a small big city, Doi Mae Salong felt like a big community on highland living and farming yet not a large enough to feel like a city. 

Orange Colored Buildings - Doi Mae Salong 

Doi Mae Salong Community - Houses & Shop dotting the Mountain side 

Doi Mae Salong Park 

Beautiful View - Doi Mae Salong 

They even had a tea plantation in Doi Mae Salong which really reminded me of Cameron Highlands.

If only I had more time really, I would stay in Doi Mae Salong to chill and kick back some hot tea every day writing and watch the clouds roll by. 

Tea Plantation at Doi Mae Salong 

Tea Plantation at Doi Mae Salong 

Tea Plantation at Doi Mae Salong 

The beautiful countryside of Doi Mae Salong
Traveled on: Jan 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment