Tuesday 28 April 2020

The Torture ride from Vang Vieng to Vientiane

Woke up 4am in the morning in the hostel at Vang Vieng with diarrhea and constant walk to the toilet bowl to piss using my anus and repeat every 10 minutes. It could have been the medicine, the food, the mango juice that i seam to crave during sickness since it was the only thing easy to down my throat.

By morning I had not much fluids left to contribute to the toilet bowl. Breakfast was limited to hard mango and banana. No fluids for any drop of water i took send me to the toilet a few minutes later.

I decided to leave Vang Vieng. This place is not helping me get better and after 5 night i was pretty sure the bed i occupied was fully infested. Keeping my self dehyrated and hoping i wont shit my pants while trying to ride to Vientiane, i packed up and headed out.

Throughout the ride from Vang Vieng to Vientiane, it was roughly 150km but this time i did no detours, no lazing stops beyond the occasional stretch of the legs. Somehow my butt hole has a mind of its own so no playing around other than riding to the next hostel. 


Luckily my bowels decided to have mercy on me and the few times i saw a big clean petrol station with great toilet, that was the time my diarrhea kicks in. I think i made like 3 stops to the toilet along the way pissing though my butt hole and throughout the 5 hours journey drank no water and ate no food. 

On the way from Vang Vieng to Vientiane 

I could not afford to risk it. It was slightly dangerous I knew, since dehydration was bad for concentration during a ride. Once i reached the hostel in Vientiane, checked in and establish the route to the toilet, I started gulping water.

I now stop flu meds and even paracetamol meds. Instead i took bascopan for the bowels relaxation and hopefully i should recover by tomorrow else this will go way beyond two weeks and that's not a good sign being sick. 

Cosy City of Vientiane 
Traveled on : Jan 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment