Sunday 26 April 2020

When you are sick during travels – Kasi Hotsprings & Vang Vieng

Sufferings after sufferings. This time the travels are not as smooth as my previous rodeo and it seams every month something pops up to somehow takeover the course of the trip. 

As fun as camping and campfire drinking was in Phou Khon I seamed to have caught some kind of virus from sharing the lao lao drinking rounds with one mini shotglass. I reached Kasi hotsprings and decided to stay the night even though it was 100000 kips per night feeling a little tired and mussle sore.

I thought at first maybe it was due to the camping, you know sleeping on the ground is a strain to my old body nowadays but after a dip into the hotsprings i knew i was comming down with something. The next day i traveled on to Vang Vieng a short ride away and checked in the hostel and i was in shivers. Fever was coming next ... i could tell a cold was forming 


Kasi Hotsprings 

I ended up staying in Vang Vieng for 5 nights doing abselutely nothing popping paracetamol everyday and drinking fluids. In between on the 3rd day i thought i was getting better and decided to at least to see one of the lagoons. A short ride on Bluey under the sun and i could tell my body is not going to hold up. Tried to hike up to see a cave ... gave up less than 50m into the climb.

The biggest mistake i think was jumping into the cold waters of the lagoon. It was so temping with the sun out warm and then into the water cool and refreshing and who could resisit just lazing around being baked by the sun and cooled down at the butts while floating on the rubber tube. That night my fever return two fold and the next day all sense of taste vanish. 


Blue Lagoon in Vang Vieng
I could not really taste anything now and i dont feel hungry but body signals told me to eat for i was getting week and all joints were painful. I up the paracetamol dose to double ... 1000mg and shivered throughout the night. I needed something more ... something for the cold and pharmacy self bought flu tabs for the last night and all was good for a while, till i went to sleep.

Vang Vieng By the River

Vang Vieng Heavy Vehicle Bridge Crossing 

Riding the Countryside of Vang Vieng 
Traveled on : Jan 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment