Sunday 20 August 2023

Onwards from Doi Phu Kha to Chiang Kham top Phayao to Chiang Rai

From Doi Phu Kha mountain top I headed down to Pua, about 30km ride and without much things to do or see in Pua, I carried on towards Chiang Kham. The goal for the day was to visit the very one and fully teak wood temple in Chiang Kham then turn south going towards Phayao for the night.

Between Pua and Chiang Kham was Route 1148 which unexpectedly a very curvy and scenic route that was just a lovely ride going mini bends after bend up and down. Other than the super hot weather that seams to be burning, it was a beautiful ride. Also coz now I have an inkling idea of how to find Route stickers for the bike, I can now google the word “route” and see what pops up along the way.

Route 1148 Cafe Phayau

Bikers Stop at Route 1148 Cafe Phayau

The View at Route 1148 Cafe 

Hence I found Route 1148 cafe Phayou. Lovely pit stop point even without the stickers. Just at the midpoint intersection between Nan and Phayou province, the cafe was situated on the cliff edge overlooking the plantation at the mountain foothills which was looked like a dreamlike fairy tale story. I got the Route 1148 stickers, a good cup of iced coffee and a long needed rest stop.

Then suddenly came Mark III. GPX Legend 250 Twin III ride up coming from opposite direction and parked next to Bragge. I could not help myself smiling. Walked out to great the rider and took a picture of the awesome bike but with my baby Thai languge mastery our conversation was limited to just watching the scenary and watching the two bikes like proud owners.

Local Thai Plate GPX 250 Twin III 

Onwards it was to Chiang Kham, paid a short visit to the temple and onwards again to Phayou. When I reached Phayou and riding around the city, I saw the thunder storm coming from afar and decided it was not worth staying the night in Phayou. I was exhausted actually for since Cha-am I had no rest day. 

Wat Nantaram - The Big Teakwood Temple of Chiang Kham Town

Wat Nantaram

Wat Nantaram

I was practically hopping from day to day each day covering around 400km on average distance. After the last night camping in Doi Phu Kha sleeping on hard ground, (I forget sometimes how old I am after all), I push on toward Chiang Rai. Even with the additional drag to reach Chiang Rai, I knew I would have two days to fully rest and reduce the mental burden of packing and moving the next day.

Traveled on : Jun 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment