Monday 28 August 2023

Recharge in Chaing Rai and Meeting up with the Gang

The thoughts that I would have 2 nights in Chiang Rai to rest up and recharge was a mental bliss that I did not know I needed till I had checked in the hotel and had a good hot shower. Still it was rest days full with erends to run but knowing that I dont need to run a leg was a good mind stimulant.

Got Bragge washed and clean up proper, oil changed and went hunting for a McDonald, comfort food for the chill day and a foot massage each night. Having two night in Chiang Rai did leave some temptation on the side for for once I was looking into the windows of nice premium quality grass. Its been a while .... a real while and now Thailand was legal and nothing really beats a good rest up with a smoke to slow down. For me its always slow down. I know some people goes happy or high or energetic but for me, it has always been slow down.

Bragge Bike Wash at Sumo Bike and Car Wash Chiang Mai

Bragge Oil Change in Chaing Rai

The Pork Burger in Thailand - you cant get this in Malaysia or Singapore 

Have you met TED ? 

Somehow I resisted the temptation walking past shops and just taking photos, but night market shopping in Chiang Rai and a little turtle caught my eye. Long story short, I bought the turtle and a few more bunnies for gift but somehow the turtle became a mascot throughout China and is now a precious sentimental trinket.

Toys Shopping in Chaing Rai Night Market - Hand Made Crochet stuffed Dolls 

Turtle has joined the Ride 

The Gang was riding up from Chiang Mai stopping by for lunch and heading to the recon point of Chiang Kong. Group message and I would meet them at the restaurant for lunch then ride together to the border town of Mae Sot before looping down to Chiang Kong for the night. I was nervous and excited at the same time. While excited to meet the Gang, I was nervous on how the dynamic of the group was going to be since I am so used to being solo.

Met up with the GS Gang in Chaing Rai

Its only 10 days .... its not forever .... like a mantra for the many times I had to travel with people I meet along the way, while I enjoy the company (hence excited) I am always lured back to the solo travel.

Met the GS Gang at the lunch place and quick introduction was made while each focus on their meal we quickly went back on the back to ride from Chiang Rai to Mae Sot. First ride with the big bikes GS Gang and I was left in the dust. No one hanged back, no one paired up with me and riding with the group very fast become as if I was riding solo. In my mind, this is not too bad actually and within minutes adjusted my pace and decided not to chase them and go to the destination with my own pace stopping when I want to for breaks and photos and eventually catch up to them at the designated check point.

Mae Sot - Border of Thailand and Myanmar 

Golden Triangle - Thailand Side 

That night accomodation in Chinag Khong was also arranged by Faz and I felt the small difference going into this tour, the power of money. While I do spend a lot on travel, I have no issue skimping of a few things and staying in hostels sharing room or cost. The cheapest room was 700 baht, a very nice hotel along the riverside of Chiang Khong, It was the most expensive stay per night in my whole time in Thailand, in fact when I was averaging 450 baht a night accomodation. The rest of the big bike gang went for the 1000 baht for the top floor view.

That night in Chiang Kong the Kapchai Gang of three arrive late into the early morning as one of their gang was bringing his wife which flew into Chiang Mai but had a flight delay from Air Asia. They end up arriving at 1am but all was ok. Two Honda EX5 and one Yamaha NVX 155, for a brief moment, I felt a tinge envy that I did not bring Bluey instead to this trip. Later on during the ride in China changed my mind and Bragge was the perfect ride to bring for China.

Out of Comfort Thailand - the Group Ride begins to China ... 

Traveled on: Jun 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment