Friday 30 August 2024

Last Few Days in Ho Chin Minh before Flying Home

It was the last few days before my flight back to Kuala Lumpur. I journeyed from Can Tho all the way to Ho Chin Minh city in a day going through boring traffic via the main highway CT01. To be fair it was good road with decent sights along the way but my heart was in mourning mood for this leg of the trip was about to end.

Riding From Can Tho to Ho Chin Minh City 

Many Large River Bridge Crossings 

I returned Zuki to the Styles Motor Rental shop and it was a quick process as they check the bike and returned me my deposit of USD 500. This time around it was me sniffing and eyeballing the USD bills making sure it was crisp and clean before pocketing them.

My friend TK flew in from Singapore that night and it was basically a story exchange catch up for all the months I was gone. I sharing my adventure and him updating me on how everyone was doing back in SG. I was still detach somewhat. Lots of drinks and party everynight but I knew it was temporary.

Bui Vien Street in Ho Chin Minh 

Bui Vien Street in Ho Chin Minh

Japanese Street in Ho Chin Minh 

Daytime was practically shopping for me in HCM hunting for more bike gears getting ready for the big trip in May 2024. I flew out of HCM alone and arrived in KL alone. 

It was a first time that I started a journey locking up the house and getting myself to the airport and returning in the same manner. No family or friends to say goodbye and no-one to pick me up at the airport.

I may just have a glimpse of my future in the 60’s

Thinking of the next adventure while waiting for flight home ... 


Traveled on: Jan 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment