Friday 2 August 2024

Skipping Quickly to Mui Ne and Vung Tao

So I skip hop pretty fast since Dalat. 200Km to Nha Trang and just a few hours in the city before hitting the sack and woke up bright and early and set off again for Mui Ne. Another 200km journey for the day and repeat for a short few round of rides around Mui Ne in the morning before hitting the road again for Vung Tao.

Coastal Ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

Coastal Ride from Nha Trang to Mui Ne

I can now for certain say that I prefer the mountains compared to the coastal towns. Vung Tao was a nice exception and I guess after doing the skip hopping for two nights in a row the thrid becomes a required two night stop to rest up.

The other reason for skip hopping quickly is also due to the location of stay. Being a cheapskate motorpacker, dispite my instincts, went and book the cheapest hostel in Nha Trang and Mui Ne. 

The draw back is that the beds are not comfartable and when a lodge is not that comfatable, I am quite reluctant to stay the second night if I have alternative.

Luckily in Vung Tao despite the cheapst hostel chosen, the place was not bad, quiet and clean with comfy large bed where I could have some privacy writing and catching up while doing some chores.

Vung Tao

Vung Tao Christ Statue on the Hill 

Vung Tao from all I know was suppose to be just a HCM weekend getaway where the locals come for seafood. What I did not expect was that the beaches were clean and prestine being in much nicer conditions compared to Mui Ne. The town was large enaugh but small enaugh to feel cosy. Sunset coast was also an absolute plus for me.

Traveled on: Jan 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment