Tuesday 7 May 2024

Litttle Beihai

Beihai was a nice supprise. My initial thoughts were a small town base on the map size and description of low population. Turns out the scale was wrong in my head and Beihai was quite a big place that walking around wont cut it.

Beihai

Beihai

Luckily I found the Hostel that was in a neighbourhood district but seams more decent that a smoking hostel. Althought a bit far away from the main downtown, I still went there by bus as the booking site showed photos of electric bike which gave me an idea that they would rent it. 

As I ask the hostel girl (quite a cute one as well) , it was RMB 25 for the day. Quite hard to say No to that and Beihai exploration was set.

Electric Bike Rental in Beihai Hostel 


I asked the girl to give me suggestion of where to go in Beihai. It’s a seaside city, with loads of seafood produce so as I roam around in the electric bike, it was quite a change in scenery compared to inland China.

Other than the fact that Beihai is so far out from any of the tourist trail, this place would be one of my favaruite in China. A relaxing seaside town that has everything to offer really. Great shopping malls, cheap seafood, scenic beach and old town that just draws in your time day after day.

Couples Taking Photographs at Beihai Old Town

Beihai Old Town Walking Street 

The real bonus was the Blue Luminous Beach at Beihai which is a rare sight and required a bit of luck. Thou I waited for the chance to see it, I did not have the luck while in Beihai to witness this sight.

Sunset at Beihai 

Sunset at Beihai 

At this point I was partially zoning out of China travel mindset and was really looking forward to the border crossing into Vietnam. The next leg of travel and new things to get acustom to. Vietnam was not really new since I’ve been there before but this time I would do it via rental of motorbike so the excitement did kick in a little.



Traveled on: Dec 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment