Saturday 6 April 2013

UNESCO World Heritage - Prague

Here I was at last Prague. I have heard a lot about this place from fellow dorm mates and recommended by many people whom I met along the way. It was a built up expectation which is always not a good thing for me.

Fred & Ginger Building

Dancing House
Prague old town is indeed interesting. I took a stroll and first weird thing I saw was the Gingerbread building or more commonly known as Dancing House. I stood there looking for a very long time remembering how I saw a photo of it once somewhere. It was unique when I saw it on a photo but seeing it in reality was weird. My eyes kept following the lines of the building only to end up somewhere I lease expected. It was like a trick building with optical illusion, look too closely and it becomes difficult to hold it down in place hence like a Dancing House.

Charles Bridge

Prayer to a Saint
Charles Bridge was filled with visitors and tourist despite the early cold bite of winter and snaps of photos were endless along the bridge. There was statues or sculptures every few meters of saints and at one of them a queue line had formed where people would touch the bronze picture of one saint and offer a prayer before the next in line walked up to it.

There would probably be a story to it if you joined one of the many free walking tours in Prague but I was happy browsing randomly alone. The bronze picture of the saint was the only part of the sculpture that shone bright like gold where the other parts were highly weathered bronze.

Jazz musician played along the bridge in the chilly winter and they were good too. There were many trinkets stand shops which moves with the tourist and the police and some hand churned musical wagon as well. Charles bridge was a landmark and a beautiful one at that spiced with unique entertainers.

I crossed over the bridge and explored the far end of old town Prague which led me to a castle or palace which I did not really bothered to find out what it was but one thing for sure it was huge and magnificent.
View from Charles Bridge


Astronomical Clock

Astronomical Clock

Walking back to old town Prague almost all tourist would stop in front of the Astronomical Clock tower for a picture and stare at it for a few minutes. Me included of course but the smell of food caught my attention soon after.

Close by was two carts selling food. I an not sure if its always there or its just during the winter. Still I was intrigued on how they cooked Ham right out in the open and when the cook carved out a huge chunk to be sold, how my mouth watered.

Slow Roasted Ham

Cannabis Vodka Anyone ? 


Cannabis Vodka
Hmmm …. I contemplated very long in front of that shop if I was going to try something crazy such as Cannabis Vodka or if I am not wrong also known as Absinthe. I have heard magical wonders that if you drink it enough you would be able to meet the blue ferries.*Grin*. Okie than lets try it I thought but alas the shop was closed for the winter and I never got another chance at it. I’ll be back …
My eyes kept following the lines of the building only to end up somewhere I lease expected. It was like a trick building with optical illusion, look too closely and it becomes difficult to hold it down in place hence like a Dancing House.




No comments:

Post a Comment