Friday 7 June 2024

A little Glimpse of Hue

I reached Hue last night soaking wet and beyond a good hot shower and a warm bed, I did not bother to even walk around Hue with the shitty weather still raining away. The next morning with myself being fully rejuvinated, thought that I should not waste the opportunity to explore Hue.

I had time albiet a little. Today was to get to Danang but that was a short 2 hour ride away and I had a good 5 hours to explore Hue in the morning I thought. I decided to talk a walk in the drizzling rain to see Hue.

Old Imperial City Hue

Old Imperial City Hue

Old Imperial City Hue 

Hue old Imperial city was a square box and one of the very few preserved heritage in Vietnam. I however forgot that I was running low on money. I had at most less than VND 300,000 left from all the rat scrimping since Mai Chau. My friend was suppose to replenish me in Danang but then here I was in Hue walking in the rain all the way to the Imperial City forgetting that I had no money to buy the entrance Ticket.

Just a Photo then and a mental note that Hue is to be returned in the future for a proper exploration. Cursing myself it was time to hit the road for Danang regardless of the weather. I was feeling good, going to meet a friend to party for the New Year Eve. 

Hue City

Hue City

At the least I thought, I get to do the famous Hai Van pass. Turns out it was really foggy and rainy so I got chill bites and soak to the underwear just going over Hai Van pass. No view, barely any visibility and while the road was good, not enjoyable in the condition that was present.

After the pass I could see Danang. Its time for I call a Holiday from your Holiday.

Hai Van Pass

Hai Van Pass 


Traveled on: Dec 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment