Friday 14 June 2024

Re-Visiting Hoi An after 10 Years

Hoi An has changed from what I remembered since 2013, 10 Years ago. The quiet little town is now fully touristic and I can’t tell if people come here to see Hoi An or to see cheap suviniour shops. 

I fall into the same trap in a way, its hard to ignore the trinkets shops as they are attractive to lure people to buy them or just for brousing.

Touristic Hoi An

Root Carvings - Hoi An

Lantern Making - Hoi An

New trend was also in play, cooking classes, lantern making classes and coconut boat tour was very popular among the tourist. I decided to just enjoy the facilities a touristic little town provides. 

Laundy, cafe, massage and strolling night markets. No point being disapointed, just have to enjoy the phase and place as the time changes.

My memory could almost trick me into thinking the old lady selling candles by the river was the same one I saw 10 years ago but I can’t be sure. This time I light one for the memories and took a photo for next time.

Wishing Candles - Hoi An

Two days to settle back into the motopacker mindset in Hoi An and once the sunshine weather hits the next morning, I hit the road again going inland and back towards the mountains. This time around instead of trying to see everything possible at one time, I kinda just laid back and see a few things and ride on to the next town.

I am not sure if I can say I have done Vietnam proper however seeing all the tourist attraction shit might not be the goal anymore for traveling. These days its the motion that count and not the sights.


Traveled on: Jan 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment